Sonker at Glance

Posted in ABOUT US

In 2003, and as an integral part of the Master Plan that Amiral Group has developed for Sokhna Port and the Suez Canal Economic Zone, Sonker was established as petroleum import, storage, handling, and bunkering facility.  Sonker is a Public-Private Partnership jointly owned by Amiral Group (63%) and the Ministries of Petroleum and Finance owning the remaining 37%.

In 2006, a concession was awarded to build and operate a tank farm and bulk liquids terminal at Sokhna Port and designate Sonker to be the operator. Through this terminal, Sonker will handle Gasoil and LPG imports and store products for strategic reserves.