Sonker's Bulk Liquids Terminal: A Vote of Confidence from International Financial Institutions & a Public-Private Partnership Success Story

Posted in Press Release

Cairo, Egypt

As a positive result of combing the Ministries of Investment and International Cooperation under the single leadership of H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr, to attract foreign direct investment and capitalize on bilateral relations with international organizations in the energy field to achieve sustainable development, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), and the Commercial International Bank of Egypt (CIB) have just released the first installment of their financial package for Sonker’s Bulk Liquids Terminal, which plans a total FDI of $500 Million. The three institutions have committed to finance 64% of the total investment amounting to $320 Million, and Amiral, Sonker’s principal investor will bear the remaining 36%, amounting to $180 Million.....

 View the Full Press Release